Generally speaking, men are less likely to visit a general practitioner when they experience health problems, compared to women. AMSA’s (The Australian Men’s Shed Association) goal is to change that and encourage men to talk about their health issues with medical...read more
Claiming options – Express Plus Medicare APP
You can make Medicare claims easy and fast through the Express Plus Medicare mobile app. This app lets you access your Medicare information from your smartphone with just a few clicks.
Before downloading the Express Plus Medicare mobile app, you need a myGov account linked to Medicare.
Steps for using Express Plus Medicare mobile app
1. Download and install the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
2. Agree to terms and conditions
3. Select the icon in the centre of the screen. Login using your existing myGov username and password
4. Answer your secret question (used to set up your myGov account) to set up your 4-digit PIN. You’re then good to go!
To download to an iPad, search for iPhone only in the App Store.
It’s important you don’t store your 4-digit PIN on your mobile device. This is for your safety if you lose your mobile device. If you think someone else has used your details without your knowledge, contact the Department of Human Services.
By using Express Plus Medicare, you acknowledge the legal obligations you must comply with when completing transactions. These obligations are detailed in the declarations agreed to when using specific functionality within Express Plus Medicare.
Claim through Express Plus Medicare mobile app if :
– the item is for a service provided to someone on your Medicare card
– the service was provided within the last 2 years
– you haven’t been bulk billed for the service
Using the app you can:
• View your Medicare card details and current card members.
• Update contact details.
• Update bank account details.
• Order a replacement or duplicate Medicare card.
• Submit claims.
• View, download, print or email your Medicare Claims History Statements for the last 3 years.
• View your Medicare Safety Net balance.
• View, download, print or email immunisation history statements for yourself or your child under the age of 14.
• Register your organ donation decision.
• Change your organ donation decision.
• Request a new Organ donor card.
• View a digital copy of your Organ donor card.
• Locate a service centre.
Heart attacks – description and causes A heart attack or myocardial infarction occurs when the heart does not get enough oxygen-rich blood. The heart is mainly a muscle, and as any muscle in the human body, it needs oxygen to function properly. The lack...read more
The pancreas is a vital organ in charge of producing and secreting enzymes which break down food and digests it in the stomach. The pancreas also secrets insulin which controls and breaks down the blood sugar. Regular consumption of alcohol may lead to pancreatitis...read more
This October we focus on breast cancer awareness as part of a national campaign to empower women to take control of their health, know the available resources they have and acknowledge how breast cancer impacts not only the patients, but people in their lives as well....read more